Thursday, June 19, 2008

6/19/2008

Same issues today as yesterday. High temp (103) and hight heart rate. On today's agenda
1:00 FULL BODY CT SCAN (LOOKING FOR OBVIOUS INFECTION, ABCESS, ETC)
2:00 FEEDING TUBE FOR SOME SORT OF SHAKE LIKE FOOD (UPGRADED FROM YELLOW LIQUID DIET.......UGH)
3:00 FULL BODY BANDAGE CHANGE

Busy day for me, I woke up at 1 in the morning remember I work at 7 on thursday, not 8. Safiya is good, but her nurse on the second floor now cares for 4 babies at a time, so not the same 1 on 1 as before.

I think someone asked if the girls could be visited. Carol can be seen anytime pretty much. She is on the 6th floor ICU at Swedish.

Safiya can be visited anytime except between 7 and 7:45. But I, or Carol's mom have to be with you. Hope everyone is having a good day!!

scott

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Scott,

Keep your chin up! I know it is easier said than done...but try to get some rest whenever you can. Carol will soon learn what an amazing husband and father you've been through this. Stay strong!!

Stephanie

Amy Storch said...

I got to see Carol again today. I hope I didn't overwhelm her dad and stepmother with too many of my personal experiences. I think that they seemed encouraged by the possibility of a smooth recovery.
I am eager to hear how Carol's CT Scan went. Hopefully they will figure out the source of infection if there is one.
Many people are joining the bandwagon to support Carol. Please keep up these great updates.

Warm regards,
Amy

Darren & Amy said...

Scott, I know we do not talk, but as soon as I heard about your situation, my heart sank. My wife and I are thinking and praying for you and your family. If I can help in any way, Jay has my contact info, feel free to call. God Bless!

Lewis Family said...

Scott,

What a rock you are for your family! It is amazing to the rest of us that you can balance it all. Hang in there...SherRae

shandra henderson said...

Scott,
Your blog is great! Thank you for keeping us updated on Carol's condition we are all praying for her. Is there anything that you need for Safiya? Bottles, diapers, clothes....etc. (Even if you say no I'm still going to get her something:))

Take Care,
Shandra

Erica said...

Can I just say, "WOW! Scott!"

I know you and I don't know each other well and I also know that I, personally, have been terrible about keeping in constant touch with Carol over these many years since our highschool, middle school, elementary school days together but I love her dearly! She has always held a special place in my heart and while she may not know it--;) I consider her one of my very best friends...

but back to my "WOW!" I am just so grateful that Carol has been blessed with such an awesome husband as you who obviously cares dearly for her. It is what I have always hoped for her and what she deserves! Thank you for taking the time through all of this horribleness to keep the rest of us informed!

I send my love and well wishes,
Erica