So just got out of the meeting with all of Carol's medical team, and much of Carol's family and mine and Chloe down for a nap. Carol was at the meeting as well in her wheel chair and looking very good, and inputting on the future plan. So here is where we go from here.
Carol will be completely tubeless a little later tonight and the hospital feels her acute care is over, as do we. Her arms hands and legs are healing well, she brushed her own teeth for the first time today. The general situation is that she is not quite ready for inpatient rehab yet. We want to wait a bit until she is prosthetic ready, which may be weeks or a couple months away. Hospital care during this time is not needed. So we have decided to bring her home and have in house interim rehab (Rehab without walls...thanks amy) for the time being. And then get her back up here for inpatient rehab when everything is right. We have much coordination to take care of before we can do this, and this will be done over the next week. Rehab will come to our house for a scope of reasons. Vision stuff, mobility stuff, etc and figure out what we need to do at home to make this work. Her wound care at home will be minimal, and will mostly be hygienic stuff. Exciting but a little nervous at the same time. Carol is a bit nervous for it, but it should be great having her home. The goal is a week from Monday. Thank harborview and swedish for everything you have done to make this happen.