Tuesday, April 27, 2010

4/27/2010

Well we finally moved last weekend. It so fun being in our own house for the first time ever. Carol and I have been married for 12 years, and moved almost the same number of times. We finally are throwing away all the cardboard we have saved for over a decade!! Thanks for all of our families and friends help. I don't have any pictures yet, but I will post when I can. Also, thanks for all the support. It has been really cool seeing our hometown, and the world remotivate us.

On Carol news, Carol has changed prosthetists to one closer to our hometown. A few of my patients, are patients of his (Greg Davidson), and have been telling us about him for quite awhile. Carol was very nervous about cutting ties up in Seattle, but she is super excited about the change, plus it is way closer for us. She has a plastic surgery consult with the surgeon at harborview today. He is the doctor who did most of her initial skin graft's/surgeries at harborview. Carol is wanting to look into the possibility of cosmetic stuff that could be done to help make her scarring look better. I am sort of thinking she may have to look elsewhere, as harborview is more of a trauma center. But I guess we will see.

Things are going pretty good with the girls. They are sharing a room for the first time, so that has been an interesting change this week. Let's just say I don't need my alarm clock anymore. They are up at 5:30-6 screaming and playing in their room. Funny, but not at the same time!!

thanks
scott

4 comments:

The Novelist said...

Congratulations on the move! Best of luck to Carol with her next personal move forward.

Rebecca and Mike Middleton said...

That is great, Scott! Just to make you feel better, my kids don't share a room and for some reason Raea has been giving me the 6 a.m. wake up call daily. UGH! I feel your pain..... I remember teaching Ian that he couldn't come out of his room until the clock says a 7 (yep, put a digital clock in his room when he was 3-ish). Well, I think it's time miss Raea learns the same thing! :) It worked once, we'll see if it works again.

Unknown said...

Congratulations! It's been a long road for you both and it must feel great to be in your own home! Thinking really good thoughts for the potential remodel. And sounds like the girls are enjoying one another (too cute!).
Lots of love to you all!

Lori said...

I'm so happy for you guys. No more moving or boxes. Your home is beautiful.I hope Carol is liking her new doctor. Nice that it's so much closer.